Apply for Construction Bookkeeper - LAKEWOOD
At D9, the Bookkeeper supports various departments and the owners by maintaining financial accounting information, preparing timely and accurate payments to our valued supplier partners, assisting purchasers and warehouse personnel with custom orders, supporting subcontractors, and keeping a close eye on cash. We have two branches, and can support this position in either. Some occasional travel between Bothell and Lakewood for training, company events, etc. will be required.
Division 9 is a project management company, principally providing our services through the installation of floor and wall coverings. We install an endless variety of finish materials in an endless variety of commercial settings, from the floor of the Verizon store to the ceiling of the Bank of America Tower! We also provide routine maintenance, damage restoration, and disinfecting services. We focus on what our clients need, and commit to applying our expertise as well as learning enthusiastically at all times. Check us out at www.division9flooring.com.
Everyone at D9 forms close bonds with our installers and clients, who are working towards the same end results. Relationship-building is a key attribute of our teammates. Getting to know the people we work with extends beyond our walls – whether that be an installer, a subcontractor or their bookkeeper, our client or their tenant or their daughter – the extensive networks of people affected by our work mean that we have a deep need to form lasting, positive relationships.
We are hiring people who enjoy coordinating many tasks in a team setting, regardless of rank and title. Happiness Matters! We need those who have no interest in blame, who can simultaneously take care of the client and the company, and who can operate in shades of gray. In accounting, we also need someone who has a deep affinity for balance, knowing whether the at-a-glance is accurate or why not, and can articulate the status of a particular account with some quick research. Skills in Office365 also matter. Growth opportunities from here include project management, and/or more advanced corporate finance.
Here are some of the core duties:
General Administrative Support
• High-volume filing in a paperless environment, including extensive coding and tagging of construction documents
• Archiving accounting and project-related records according to various date triggers
• Organizing events and trainings
• Maintaining Subcontractor licensing & compliance records
• Provide Notary Services as needed
• State/City/Other business licensing & related tasks
• Preparing bond/insurance requests as needed
• Client and Vendor prequalification questionnaires
• Documenting processes and maintaining work progress boards
Bookkeeping and Corporate Accounting Support
• Set up new vendor accounts as needed for purchase orders to be placed
• Maintaining corporate accounts for general operations – i.e. phone plans, facility vendors, travel expenses, etc.
• A/P invoice matching to purchase order approvals, high-volume data entry with job detailed job costing
• Requesting and tracking supplier lien waivers
• Reconciling monthly vendor account and credit card statements
• Processing Employee Expense Reports
• Daily cash and credit card reconciliations
• Bi-weekly payment batches, both checks and ACH
• Electronic and paper bank deposits & cash receipt postings
• Support for assets such as cell phones, iPads & other IT equipment
• Monthly Closing Tasks per the Closing Calendar
• Monthly & Quarterly Sales/B&O Tax Filings
• Other GL & subledger reconciliations
• Posting weekly batches to accounting system
• Support for certified payrolls
• Reconciliation of payroll accrual accounts
• Advanced Excel/MS Office Suite
• Advanced financial accounting software similar to GP/Dynamics, using and reconciling subledgers to the GL
• Construction payroll and/or accounting background extremely helpful
To apply, please send us your resume! Cover letters are great, it's very helpful to have an introduction. Thank you!
Lakewood, WA, US